Your Box IncludesServing Size is estimated for 8-10 people
Q: When will my box ship?
A: Shipping will start on December 11&12
Q: When will my card be changed $145.50 for box?
A: On December 10th and then an additional shipping charge will happen when the your box is tendered to air carrier.
Q: What else will I need?
A: Salt, pepper, eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, bundt pan, cinnamon, cloves, garlic powder, foil
Q: Will I need an oven or stove?
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Recipe By Cindy W.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves pressed in a garlic press
- 1 medium onion minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 pounds russet potatoes sliced thinly, about ⅛ inch thick
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese shredded
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add the garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds, stirring until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the onions, thyme leaves and kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until onions become soft, stirring occasionally, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cream and chicken broth and stir. Add the potato slices and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes or the potatoes are nearly fork tender.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a 1 ½ quart dish, an 8 X 8 or 9 X 6 dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with the remaining potato mixture, then top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate for an hour or up to overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until the cream is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is golden brown. Let rest for 5-10 minutes until serving.
Green Bean Casserole
Prep Time 5 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Serves 8-10
By Betty Crocker Kitchens
2 cans (14.5 oz each) French-style green beans, drained
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ cup milk
1 container (2.8 oz) French-fried onions
Steps Heat oven to 350°F. In 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish, mix green beans, soup and milk.Bake 20 to 25 minutes, topping with onions during last 5 minutes of baking, until bubbly.ALTERNATE METHOD: Heat oven to 325°F. In 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish, mix green beans, soup and milk. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, topping with onions during last 5 minutes of baking, until bubbly.
Baked Ham with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 2 hrs
Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
Beautifully caramelized Baked Ham with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze for the holidays or Sunday supper. Feeds a crowd and takes only minutes of hands on prep time.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral cut ham (about 10 lbs/4.5 kg)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (240ml)
- ½ cup brown sugar (90g)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- Take ham out of the refrigerator about 2 hours before baking to allow it to come to room temperature. Remove ham from packaging. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a deep baking dish with fat side up.
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until pineapple juice is reduced by half. It should be thick and syrupy.
- Brush half of the glaze onto the ham and into the folds of the cut slices. Reserve the other half of the glaze for later.
- Place ham in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven and bake for 1¼ to 1½ hours.
- Carefully remove the ham from the oven and brush the remaining glaze onto the ham. Return to the oven and continue to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of ham reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Allow ham to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Cranberry Fluff Cranberry Salad
- 2 Cans of cranberries
- 1 Can pineapple (Drained – Save Juice for the Ham Glaze)
- 2 Cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 Container of cool whip
Stir the Cranberry Fluff Salad until everything is well combined. Then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Posted By Sara Wells On 12.07.2014 @ 8:53 pm
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Recipe by Our Best Bites
cocoa powder for dusting pan
1 box Devil’s Food Cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1 cup full fat sour cream
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
3.5 ounces dark chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
½ tablespoon butter
½ cup cream
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Crushed candy canes (2-3)
For serving: whipped cream or ice cream *for extra peppermint-y goodness, add a little peppermint extract to your sweetened whipped cream while whipping.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a budnt pan (make sure to get the inside center as well) and then dust with cocoa powder, covering all sides and then shaking out excess.
Place cake mix and dry pudding mix in the bowl of a stand mixer. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil, milk, vanilla, and peppermint until smooth. With mixer running, add liquid ingredients to cake mix and beat until combined. Scrape down sides of bowl and then beat for 2 minutes on medium high speed. Add chocolate chips and stir until combined. Pour batter into budnt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached.
Glaze: While cake is baking, place chocolate chips and butter in a bowl. Heat cream until hot and bubbly and then pour over chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then add peppermint and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
When cake is done, let cool until just warm (15-20 minutes) Invert onto a paper towel on a metal rack. Let cool completely and place on serving platter. To glaze cake, either use a brush to lightly brush over surface, or spoon and drizzle chocolate over. You may have extra. If too thick, heat for a few seconds to loosen, if still warm and too runny, let cool longer or place in fridge to speed up process. After cake is glazed (and you may want to wait for the glaze to set just a bit), sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Slice into servings and serve with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Article printed from Our Best Bites: https://ourbestbites.com
URL to article: https://ourbestbites.com/chocolate-peppermint-bundt-cake/
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Beets
Prep:20 mins Cook:60 mins
Serves 8 to 10
- 5 medium beets, trimmed, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Fresh Herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, toss the beets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the beets out on a lined baking sheet. Begin baking the beets for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place the sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, and garlic in a large bowl. Pour this over them and mix well to incorporate.
- Take the pan out of the oven and add in this mix. Continue baking it all for another 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve warm, although if there are any leftovers, they serve great cold, too.